Comments on TeeGolf Rules
Rule 1: The Game
Rule 1.1 The Game
The purpose of TeeGolf is for recrational players to have FUN!!
After playing the game of golf for over 50 years, the originator of TeeGolf (Chuck Peterson) realized that few recreational golfers follow completely the rules as established by the United States Golf Association (USGA) and the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, Scotland (R&A). There are too many rules, and some are very inconvenient.
Plus, the game of golf is not easy to play. Just as softball was created to make the game of baseball easier for the recreational player, TeeGolf was created for the recreational golfer--to make the game easier and more enjoyable.
The basic principles of TeeGolf which make the game easier are:
1. Use a tee anywhere on the golf course except the green.
2. Improve a ball's lie so long as the ball isn't any closer to the hole than its original lie.
3. Take three mulligans on every 9-hole round which don't count against the final score.
4. No restrictions on golf clubs or balls.
Rule 1.2 Rules
While the rule calls for players to adhere to the rules as set forth in the TeeGolf rules, players in a group may change the rules as they see fit, particularly if they are competing with each other--or comparing scores.
For example, you could agree to take "gimmes" within a certain distance from the hole. (Although the purpose of the game is to put the ball in the hole.)
What do you do when you have a situation where the rules aren't covered? Come to some agreement among the players so that the player doesn't get an unwarranted advantage over the others.
Rule 1.3 Winner
When competing, either in a tournament or a friendly game, the winner is the one with the least number of strokes.
Three mulligans may be taken on each 9-hole round, and they don't count against the final score.
If two or more players have the same score, the one with the least number of mulligans wins the game.
On the score card players should circle their score for any hole they take a mulligan on. This will help players keep track of the number of mulligans they take so they don't exceep the allowed number of mulligans. Also, they will need to have the information in case of a tie.
If there is a situation that you think isn't covered by the rules, feel free to let us know about it, by clicking here: Contact Us.
1. TeeGolf is a golf game using revised USGA golf rules, played on any regular golf course.
2. Golf tees may be used any place on the course except the greens.
3. Golf ball lies may be improved according to TeeGolf rules.
4. Three mulligans may be taken on each 9-hole round, without adding to total score.
5. Any types of golf clubs or balls may be used without restriction.
Click here for the TeeGolf Rules.
|©2006 Charles J. Peterson. All Rights Reserved|